Home > Ethernet Technologies > EtherCAT Products >
ECX-EC EtherCAT® Slave Bridge
Item #: E.3022.02
Availability: Call For Pricing - (413) 772-3170
Usually ships In 2 Weeks
The ECX-EC provides a bridge between two EtherCAT Slave Segments by implementing EtherCAT slave interfaces into two separate networks. In addition, the bridge allows EtherCAT process data exchange between the networks.
For synchronization of Distributed Clocks (DC), the device offers the exact difference between the two slave timestamps as CoE object, allowing master devices to adjust their time reference with each other.
For redundancy of DC synchronization, the ECX-EC bridge can be used as the first and last slave in a network simultaneously, allowing the master to keep all slaves synchronized in both segments.
- Includes two EtherCAT slave devices
- Process data exchange between two EtherCAT networks
- Time synchronization (DC) between the EtherCAT Masters
- Supports DC with redundancy
- Ethernet physics according to IEEE 802.3
- Configuration via CoE
- Firmware upgradeable via FoE
- EoE support (Switch port)
Flexible EtherCAT Process Image configuration
- Configuration through standard network configuration tools (e.g. esd Workbench, TwinCAT®)
- Data transfer with up to 1024 bytes in each direction
- Layout defined by variables, e.g. 'UDINT'