High-End PowerPC with QorlQ® CPU
- NXP® PowerPC QorIQ T1014, 1.2 GHz, 64-bit architecture, Double Precision Floating Point Unit, Ethernet, ECC-RAM
- Ideal for EtherCAT applications with up to 3 independent networks
- Equipped with
- RTC with battery backup
- 1x RS-232
- 3x independent GB-Ethernet
- 1x USB 2.0 (Host)
- 1x microSDTM card slot
- Internal PCI Express® Mini card slot for hardware extension
- Status LEDs
- DIN hat rail mounting
Health Features and Fallback Flash
- Local voltage and temperature monitoring
- Fail-save firmware update by means of fallback Flash
- Watchdog protection
- Over temperature protection
Wide Range of Software Support
Customization on Request
• Power-saving Dual-Core PowerPC QorIQ T1022 or Quad-Core T1042
• Parallel or serial MRAM (512 Kbyte)
• Extended DDR3 RAM (2 GB instead of 512 Mbyte)
• Extended Flash memory (2x 128 Mbyte instead of 2x 16 Mbyte)
• PCIe® slot for development (with customization of case size)
• Additional 4th Ethernet interface
• Internal SATA-SSD
• Other BSPs like OS-9®, QNX®, VxWorks®, ...
• More customized solutions on request
64-Bit Embedded PowerPC Host CPU
The EPPC-T10 is an embedded CPU board with 3 independent Ethernet interfaces. The NXP PowerPC QorIQ T1014 with 1.2 GHz features one 64-bit e5500 Power Architecture® processor cores with highperformance data path acceleration architecture (DPAA) and network peripheral interfaces.
The local memory bus is 64 bits wide plus 8 bits ECC with an overall capacity of 512 Mbyte. 16 Mbyte SPI Flash for boot loader and 32 Kbit I²C EEPROM for U-Boot environment offer non-volatile memory spaces.
The EPPC-T10 features a second 16 Mbyte 'fallback' SPI Flash, used for system recovery if a system crash occurs during a firmware update. Alternatively it can be used for application software.
The EPPC-T10 is equipped with 3 independent Gigabit Ethernet interfaces accessible at the front panel, which give an excellent base for EtherCAT® applications.
For connection of the RS-232 interface an easily accessible RJ45 connector is provided. Additionally a Terminal is accessible via mini-USB connector for configuration of the system.
The USB host port supports USB 2.0 highspeed.
An RTC with battery backup is equipped on the EPPC-T10.
The Flash memory carries the standard boot program “Das U-Boot” and enables the EPPC-T10 to boot various operating systems from on-board Flash, network, USB, microSD card or optional SSD. BSP is available for Linux. Others on request.
The esd EtherCAT master stack is available for several operating systems.
Customization on Request
Customized options are available for customized series production in reasonable quantities. Please contact our sales team for detailed information.
Customized options are for example:
- CPU Type
The EPPC-T10 is also available with the power saving dual-core QorlQ CPU T1022 or with the quad-core QorlQ CPU T1042 on request.
The memory can be extended with larger DDR3 RAM and Flash.
An additional serial or parallel MRAM memory, that is suitable for capturing continuous logging data, is available on request.
- PCI Express
A PCIe® slot for development can be equipped. The case size can be customized as needed. The PCIe slot can be used for example for a customized PMC-Add-on. Please ask for further information.
A built-in solid state disc can be equipped on request.
Please ask for OS-9, QNX®, VxWorks® or other BSPs.