PCI Express® Mini Card with 2 CAN or 2 CAN FD Interfaces
Single Lane PCIe Mini Card with Altera® FPGA for 2x CAN or 2x CAN FD
- 2 CAN or optional 2 CAN FD interfaces according to ISO 11898-2
- Bus mastering and local data management by FPGA
- PCIe® Mini interface according to Mini Card Electromechanical Spec. R1.2
- Supports MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- Full-Mini Card (Type F2) form factor
Wide Range of OS Support and Advanced CAN Diagnostic
- Software drivers for Windows® and Linux® included free of charge
- Optional CAN layer 2 software drivers for real-time operating systems
- CANopen®, J1939 and ARINC 825 protocol libraries for Classical CAN applications
- ISO 16845:2004 certified esd Advanced CAN Core (esdACC) technology
- High resolution hardware timestamps
Flat Design of CAN Interface Adapter
- Adapter with DSUB9 connector and selectable CAN termination on board
Customization on Request
• Optional extended temperature range -40° C … +75° C on request
Drivers are available for several operating systems (see tables Software Support). Please contact our Sales Team for detailed information about the driver availability for your operating system or if you need drivers for other operating systems.
CAN driver availability for all esd CAN interfaces is listed here.
The CAN-PCIeMini/402-2 is an add-in PCI Express Full-Mini Card, that features two electrically isolated CAN High-Speed interfaces. The PCI Express® Mini Card CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD comes with two CAN FD interfaces.
The optional adapter CAN-PCIeMini/402-DSUB9 comes with a DSUB9 connector, selectable on board CAN termination and an adapter cable.
CAN Data Management
The independent CAN nets are driven by the ISO 16845:2004 certified esdACC (esd Advanced CAN Core) implemented in the Altera FPGA.
The FPGA supports bus mastering (firstparty DMA) to transfer data to the host memory. This results in a reduction of overall latency on servicing I/O transactions in particular at higher data rates and a reduced host CPU load.
Due to the usage of MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD) can be operated for example in Hypervisor environments.
The CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD) provides high resolution 64-bit hardware timestamps for CAN messages.
Windows and Linux (NTCAN-API)
The CAN layer 2 drivers for Windows and Linux are included in the scope of delivery.
Realtime OS (NTCAN-API)
CAN layer 2 drivers for QNX, RTX(64), VxWorks® and On Time RTOS-32 can be ordered separately.
Higher Layer Protocols
(Classical CAN applications only)
Higher Layer Protocols are available for many operating systems (see order info):
• CANopen Master- and Slave-Stack
Additional free-of-charge esd CAN tools for Windows are downloadable from our website. The tools offer efficient setup and analysis of CAN applications and networks.
Customization on Request
Customized options are available for customized series production in reasonable quantities. Please contact our sales team for detailed information.