Home > Hardware > CAN-Gateways >
Item #: C.2907.02
Availability: Call For Pricing - (413) 772-3170
Usually ships In 2 Weeks
CAN to PROFIBUS-DP® Slave Gateway
Fast and reliable linking PROFIBUS-DP and CAN
- CAN-PLC link, e.g. to SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300 or S7-400
- DP-slave with a total maximum of 300 bytes process data (input and output)
Coupling Modules with CAN Layer 2 Implementation to PROFIBUS-DP
- No limitation on the number of CAN nodes by the module
- 11- and 29-bit CAN-ID support
Configuration with Standard Tools
- Run-time configuration via PLC
- No special tools required
- Plug 'n' play replacement
esd is a member of the PNO (PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V.)
Linking PROFIBUS-DP and CAN
The module CAN-DP/2 can link any PROFIBUS-DP master to a CAN network. The gateway operates as a PROFIBUS-DP slave-I/O component with a total of maximum 300 bytes process data (up to 244 bytes input and 56 bytes output or up to 244 bytes output and 56 bytes input data) on the PROFIBUS-DP.
With the CAN-DP/2 gateway you can couple CAN modules with CANopen or layer-2 implementation to e.g. a SIMATIC-S7.
The ISO 11898-compatible CAN interface allows a maximum data-transfer rate of 1 Mbit/s. The PROFIBUS-DP-Slave interface automatically recognizes all usual bit rates up to 12 Mbit/s. The DP as well as the CAN interface are electrically isolated.
Configuration and CAN Protocols
The module can be configured via PROFIBUS configuration tool, e.g. the PLC SIMATIC Manager.