4x CAN: Layer 2, CANopen®, J1939 or ARINC 825, optional IRIG-B
PMC Board with FPGA for 4x CAN via DSUB25
- 4 High-Speed CAN interfaces acc. to ISO 11898-2
- Bus mastering and local data management by FPGA (esdACC)
- PCI bus acc. to PCI Local Bus Specification 2.2
- All I/O-signals via 25-pin DSUB in the front panel
Wide Range of Operating System Support and advanced CAN Diagnostic
- ARINC 825, CANopen and J1939 protocol libraries are available
- esd Advanced CAN Core (esdACC) technology
- High resolution hardware timestamps
- Error simulation support, e.g. CAN Error Injection
Variety of Hardware Designs
- IRIG-B input (option)
- Customized PMC-CAN/400-4 versions are available on request for extended temperature range or as conduction cooled version
Drivers are available for several operating systems (see tables Software Support). Please contact our Sales Team for detailed information about the driver availability for your operating system or if you need drivers for other operating systems.
CAN driver availability for all esd CAN interfaces is listed here.
CAN Data Management
The four independent CAN nets according to ISO 11898-1 are driven by the esd Advanced CAN Core (esdACC) CAN controller implemented in the Xilinx® Spartan® 3e FPGA. Controlled by the FPGA the PMC-CAN/400-4 supports bus mastering as an initiator, meaning that it is capable of initiating write cycles to the host CPU’s RAM independent of the CPU or the system DMA controller. This results in a reduction of overall latency on servicing I/O transactions in particular at higher data rates and reduced host CPU load. The PMC-CAN/400-4 provides high resolution hardware timestamps.
The optional IRIG-B interface offers inputs for analog or RS-422 IRIG-B coded signals. Both are electrically isolated. IRIG-B evaluation is controlled by an additional microcontroller.
CAN layer 2 (NTCAN-API) software drivers are available for Windows®, Linux®, VxWorks®, QNX®, RTX® and On Time RTOS-32.
Libraries for the higher layer protocols CANopen, J1939 and ARINC825 are available.
Additional free-of-charge esd CAN tools for Windows offer efficient setup and analysis of CAN applications and networks.
Customization on Request
Customized options are available for customized series production in reasonable quantities. Please contact our Sales Team for detailed information.
As customized solutions an extended temperature range version and a conduction cooled version of the PMC-CAN/400-4 are available on request.
Additionally, esd offers a VMEbus carrier board in conduction cooled design to carry up to two conduction cooled PMC boards.